Export Search Results Metadata in XMLUI

euler
Dear all,

Hello, I noticed that the jspui version of DSpace can export the metadata coming from search results. I wonder how could this be implemented using xmlui interface. This would be very useful for some batch editing later on where a simple edit/replace can be used when editing the csv file. We are using DSpace 1.8.2 with discovery enabled and Mirage as the base theme. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Elvi

Re: Export Search Results Metadata in XMLUI

helix84
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 7:36 AM, Nemiz, Elvi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello, I noticed that the jspui version of DSpace can export the metadata
> coming from search results. I wonder how could this be implemented using
> xmlui interface. This would be very useful for some batch editing later on
> where a simple edit/replace can be used when editing the csv file. We are
> using DSpace 1.8.2 with discovery enabled and Mirage as the base theme.
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Elvi,
I'm not sure if I'm familiar with the JSPUI search results export. Can
you please describe the steps to produce it?

If you mean Open Search, that's UI-independent.

Regards,
~~helix84

Re: Export Search Results Metadata in XMLUI

euler
Hello helix,

I've attached screenshot of our repository in jspui where it allowed us to be able to export metadata based from search results. I wonder if it is possible to do that in xmlui with discovery enabled? I am assuming that we can only export metadata in xmlui in collection/community level (ie we cannot set a filter to exclude other records that we don't want to export) where all metadata of records from that collection/community will be exported. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Elvi

export-metadata.jpg (291K) Download Attachment

Re: Export Search Results Metadata in XMLUI

helix84
Curious, this is the first time I've seen it. It's not default
behaviour as you can see on the 1.8.2 demo instance:
http://demo.dspace.org/jspui/simple-search?query=test&submit=Go

This is what I found: export-search-results-jspui.patch in
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-161

I'll investigate why it doesn't show by default. But it seems for now
this is JSPUI-only. I'll get back to you.

Regards,
~~helix84

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:55 AM, helix84 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll investigate why it doesn't show by default.

I see, this is available only if you're logged in as administrator,
that's why I didn't notice it.

I filed a feature request for you:
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1262
You may want to subscribe (watch) and vote for it. And ideally find
someone to implement it for you ;)

Regards,
~~helix84

Re: Export Search Results Metadata in XMLUI

helix84
But since this is admin-only functionality, you can have a jspui
interface (inaccessible for users) installed alongside XMLUI and use
it from JSPUI.

And the XMLUI equivalent should be rather easy to develop.

Regards,
~~helix84

Re: Export Search Results Metadata in XMLUI

bhavesh
This post was updated on .
Dear All,

How to Configure the Export Metadata button on JSPUI ?

I am using DSpace 3.2.. Please help me to export Metadata at community/collection/item level

Into your screen sort there Export Metadata  is into DSpace Administrator.. but what we need is we need for user to download the metadata into csv and other bibliography format.

Thanks in advance.

Bhavesh
Thanks & Regards, Bhavesh Patel