How to change maximum file size to be uploaded in dspace

How to change maximum file size to be uploaded in dspace

jayachandra B
Hi,

I am using dspace 1.8.2 jspui, How to change the files size to be uploaded in dspace.

--
Regards
Jayachandra

Re: How to change maximum file size to be uploaded in dspace

Lighton Phiri
Hello,

You need to change the 'upload.max' parameter in dspace.cfg [1]. The
default limit is 512mb and a negative value will result in no limit
being set.

[1] https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/Configuration#Configuration-JSPUIUploadFileSettings

Lighton Phiri
http://lightonphiri.org

On 18 May 2013 08:15, jayachandra B <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using dspace 1.8.2 jspui, How to change the files size to be uploaded
> in dspace.
>
> --
> Regards
> Jayachandra

> List Etiquette:

Re: How to change maximum file size to be uploaded in dspace

jayachandra B
Thank you

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Lighton Phiri <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

You need to change the 'upload.max' parameter in dspace.cfg [1]. The
default limit is 512mb and a negative value will result in no limit
being set.

[1] https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/Configuration#Configuration-JSPUIUploadFileSettings

Lighton Phiri
http://lightonphiri.org

On 18 May 2013 08:15, jayachandra B <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using dspace 1.8.2 jspui, How to change the files size to be uploaded
> in dspace.
>
> --
> Regards
> Jayachandra

> List Etiquette:

Regards
Jayachandra

Re: How to change maximum file size to be uploaded in dspace

Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[LITES]

Do keep in mind that, according to some testing we’ve done, the largest file size you can upload online is >2GB.  If a file is over that size, it will have to be imported into your repository via the batch/ItemImport script.  I believe this limit is more browser/network-related than Dspace application-related.

Awhile back, we did some testing of importing “large” files into Dspace via the batch interface and we were able to concurrently load a 3, 4, 5, and 6GB in under 11 seconds.  I consider that to be “screaming” fast.  J

Best regards,

Sue

Sue Thornton

Office:  (757) 224-4130

Mobile: (757) 506-9903

[hidden email]

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Lighton Phiri <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

You need to change the 'upload.max' parameter in dspace.cfg [1]. The
default limit is 512mb and a negative value will result in no limit
being set.

[1] https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/Configuration#Configuration-JSPUIUploadFileSettings

Lighton Phiri
http://lightonphiri.org

On 18 May 2013 08:15, jayachandra B <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using dspace 1.8.2 jspui, How to change the files size to be uploaded
> in dspace.
>
> --
> Regards
> Jayachandra

> List Etiquette:

Regards
Jayachandra

Re: How to change maximum file size to be uploaded in dspace

Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[LITES]

Sorry, I meant to say “<2GB”.

Sue

Sue Thornton

Office:  (757) 224-4130

Mobile: (757) 506-9903

[hidden email]

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Lighton Phiri <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

You need to change the 'upload.max' parameter in dspace.cfg [1]. The
default limit is 512mb and a negative value will result in no limit
being set.

[1] https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/Configuration#Configuration-JSPUIUploadFileSettings

Lighton Phiri
http://lightonphiri.org

On 18 May 2013 08:15, jayachandra B <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using dspace 1.8.2 jspui, How to change the files size to be uploaded
> in dspace.
>
> --
> Regards
> Jayachandra