How to enable creative commons

Francis Brouns
Hi,

I'm in the process of upgrading our Dspace 1.5.2 server to 1.8. Most seem to be working fine. However, I no longer can apply a creative commons license to any submission. We are using jspui, but the CC licence is missing from the steps.

In previous versions I had to enable this step in dspace.cfg
#### Creative Commons settings ######
# are Creative Commons licenses used in submission?
webui.submit.enable-cc = true

I can not find this setting anywhere in the new config files and adding it to dspace.cfg does not help.

Where should I start looking to enable Creative Commons?

Best, Francis Brouns

Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n). Verstrekking aan en gebruik door anderen is niet toegestaan. Open Universiteit sluit iedere aansprakelijkheid uit die voortvloeit uit elektronische verzending. Aan de inhoud van deze e-mail en/of eventueel toegevoegde bijlagen kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.

This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be passed on to, or made available for use by any person other than the addressee(s). Open Universiteit rules out any and every liability resulting from any electronic transmission. No rights may be derived from the contents of this message.

Re: How to enable creative commons

emilio lorenzo
Hi francis,
apart from dspace.fcg options, in DSPACE 1.8 creative commons  must be
configured also in item-submissions.xml.   (changed from previous versions)

copied from
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/Configuration#Configuration-ConfiguringCreativeCommonsLicense:

"There is a Creative Commons step already defined (step 5), but it is
commented out, so enabling Creative Commons licensing is typically just
a matter of uncommenting the CC License step"

best luck
Emilio Lorenzo

El 21/09/2012 17:51, Brouns, Francis escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of upgrading our Dspace 1.5.2 server to 1.8. Most seem to be working fine. However, I no longer can apply a creative commons license to any submission. We are using jspui, but the CC licence is missing from the steps.
>
> In previous versions I had to enable this step in dspace.cfg
> #### Creative Commons settings ######
> # are Creative Commons licenses used in submission?
> webui.submit.enable-cc = true
>
> I can not find this setting anywhere in the new config files and adding it to dspace.cfg does not help.
>
> Where should I start looking to enable Creative Commons?
>
> Best, Francis Brouns
>
> Deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde(n). Verstrekking aan en gebruik door anderen is niet toegestaan. Open Universiteit sluit iedere aansprakelijkheid uit die voortvloeit uit elektronische verzending. Aan de inhoud van deze e-mail en/of eventueel toegevoegde bijlagen kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend.
>
> This e-mail is intended exclusively for the addressee(s), and may not be passed on to, or made available for use by any person other than the addressee(s). Open Universiteit rules out any and every liability resulting from any electronic transmission. No rights may be derived from the contents of this message.

Re: How to enable creative commons

Francis Brouns
Dear Emilio,

thanks for pointing this out. I had seen this page, but misunderstood what it said. I took it to refer to XMLUI only, also because I could not find the section it referred to.

best wishes, Francis Brouns