Quantcast

Joomla CMS Integration with Institutional Repositories

Joomla CMS Integration with Institutional Repositories

Michael Guthrie-2
Hi All,
Apologies for cross posting. (Never sure who reads which list)

Thought this Open Source project might be of interest. Open Repository and Wijiti have released to the community J-CAR Joomla! Collections, Archives, and Repositories suite for integrating an Institutional Repository or Digital Asset Management System, specifically DSpace, but could utilise any OAI Mets enabled repository, and import and display items in the IR in the Joomla interface.

Here is a link to the demos and the code forge:

All welcome to join the forge project and offer up suggestions, patches, further functionality

We demonstrated recently at Museums Association conference and released this week at DSpace user group 09 in Gothenburg.

Michael

Re: [Dspace-tech] Joomla CMS Integration with Institutional Repositories

jstirnaman
Michael,
Would you check that link you sent? It's prompting for an Outlook
login.
I found the project and Wijiti sites at
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/j-car and http://www.wijiti.com/
Can't wait to check it out!
Thanks,
Jason
--

Jason Stirnaman

>>> On 10/16/2009 at  5:23 AM, in message
<[hidden email]>,

<https://webmail.springer-sbm.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://bit.ly/ls

> D7t>
>
> All welcome to join the forge project and offer up suggestions,
patches,
> further functionality
>
> We demonstrated recently at Museums Association conference and
released this
> week at DSpace user group 09 in Gothenburg.
>
> Michael

Re: Joomla CMS Integration with Institutional Repositories

Michael Guthrie-3
Thanks Jason,
The wonders of Microsoft Outlook Webmail never cease to amaze.
Here is the link to the demos and the forge:

http://bit.ly/lsD7t

If you have any questions, suggestions, feedback, or want to contribute
code to the project feel free to get in touch or join the project.

Bests,
Michael

Jason Stirnaman wrote:
> Michael,
> Would you check that link you sent? It's prompting for an Outlook
> login.
> I found the project and Wijiti sites at
> http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/j-car and http://www.wijiti.com/
> Can't wait to check it out!
> Thanks,
> Jason

Re: Joomla CMS Integration with Institutional Repositories

mukul
Hello Sir,
I am using DSpace at Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
I want to combine DSapce with Joomla.
During my explorations, I came to know about J-CAR, a Joomla extension that can be used to integrate a CMS like Joomla with an Open Repository like DSpace. But, I am unable to find any documentation available. So, kindly instruct me that how can I integrate DSpace with Joomla.