PSQLException: ERROR

mckeane
Hello,
   I have recently upgraded from dspace 1.7.0 to dspace 1.8.2, The upgrade was good or the most part. However, when I browse by title, author, subject etc..  I get an error:

org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

Java stacktrace: <span onclick="toggle(&#39;stacktrace&#39;)" id="stacktrace-switch" class="switch">
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1531)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1313)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:188)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:452)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:354)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:258)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96)
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:96)
at org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.query(DatabaseManager.java:284)
at org.dspace.browse.BrowseDAOPostgres.doCountQuery(BrowseDAOPostgres.java:153)
at org.dspace.browse.BrowseEngine.getTotalResults(BrowseEngine.java:752)
at org.dspace.browse.BrowseEngine.browseByValue(BrowseEngine.java:441)
at org.dspace.browse.BrowseEngine.browse(BrowseEngine.java:94)
at org.dspace.app.xmlui.aspect.artifactbrowser.ConfigurableBrowse.getBrowseInfo(ConfigurableBrowse.java:805)
at org.dspace.app.xmlui.aspect.artifactbrowser.ConfigurableBrowse.addBody(ConfigurableBrowse.java:260)
at org.dspace.app.xmlui.wing.AbstractWingTransformer.startElement(AbstractWingTransformer.java:223)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor90.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.PoolableProxyHandler.invoke(PoolableProxyHandler.java:71)
at $Proxy20.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLTeePipe.startElement(XMLTeePipe.java:87)
at org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.startElement(AbstractXMLPipe.java:94)
at org.dspace.app.xmlui.wing.AbstractWingTransformer.startElement(AbstractWingTransformer.java:240)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor90.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.PoolableProxyHandler.invoke(PoolableProxyHandler.java:71

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: PSQLException: ERROR

peterdietz
Have you run index-init ?

It might also be helpful to perform maintenance on your DB (i.e. vacuum, index). Possibly restart psql.

Also, have you run the DB upgrade script?

Peter Dietz

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Mckeane Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Fwd: PSQLException: ERROR

mckeane

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 4:18 PM, Mckeane Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Still unable to figure out the cause of the errors and how to fix them, when I try to view items under Browse section, by subject, author etc. I ran  index-init. I also ran the DB upgrade script and I still got the same errors.

I ran both the upgrade script and did the index-update. I am seeing items that I had previously entered in the system prior to the upgrade. Discovery aspect is enabled and I am able to view items under discover. However when I try to view items under Browse section, by subject, author etc.. as mentioned previously I get the error: